05 Nov WWII Film Marathon on November 23
Filipinas Heritage Library,
U.S. Embassy in the Philippines,
and Ayala Malls Cinemas
WWII FILM MARATHON
In commemoration of the 75th anniversary
of the Battle of Manila during World War II.
November 23, 2019 (Saturday)
MyCinema, Greenbelt 3, Makati City
Limited Seats Only. First come, first served.
CALL: 7759 8281
WWII FILM MARATHON GUIDELINES
1. To watch the film/s, get a free movie pass for each film (subject to availability) at MyCinema on screening day, November 23, on the following schedules:
– 11:00 AM onwards: For the first round of screenings (11:30 AM / 1:30 PM / 3:30 PM)
– 4:00 PM onwards: For the second round of screenings (5:00 PM / 7:00 PM / 8:30 PM)
2. Movie passes will be given on the abovementioned schedules on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations will be entertained.
3. Due to limited seating capacity (50 pax), only one (1) movie pass per film may be availed or claimed per person.
4. There will be a courtesy lane for Seniors/PWD/Members/AGC (with valid ID), but will be accommodated alternately with regular guests in line.
5. Please secure your movie pass(es) which should be presented at the start of each film. No movie pass, no entry.
6. Please arrive at MyCinema at least 5 minutes before screening time. We reserve the right to accommodate walk-ins in lieu of movie pass holders who do not arrive on time.
7. There will be a 15-30 minute break in between screenings.
8. Feel free to bring your own food and drinks to the cinema.
9. For updates or inquiries, please follow our Facebook page, call 7759-8281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATED FILM SCREENING SCHEDULE
1st Screening: 11:30 AM / 2nd Screening: 5:00 PM
DAYS OF THE CRIMSON SUN: THE RE-TELLING OF THE BATTLE OF MANILA (1995, Liliane Manahan)
Released in 1995, this documentary commemorated the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Manila (February to March 1945). It features first-person accounts from the Memorare Manila group of survivors.
1st Screening: 1:30 PM
(with a Q&A with author & producer Desiree Ann Cua Benipayo)
2nd Screening: 7:00 PM
HONOR: THE LEGACY OF JOSE ABAD SANTOS (2018, Bani Logroño)
A full-length documentary feature film about the life and legacy of one of the greatest Filipino heroes of World War II – Chief Justice Jose Abad Santos.
1st Screening: 3:30 PM / 2nd Screening: 8:30 PM
RESCUE IN THE PHILIPPINES: REFUGE FROM THE HOLOCAUST (2013, Russell C. Hodge, Cynthia Scott)
A one-hour documentary of the previously untold story of how the five Frieder brothers, together with President Manuel Quezon, Paul McNutt, and Dwight Eisenhower – helped 1,200 Jews escape the Nazis and immigrate to the Philippines.